Monday, October 10, 2011

Toodledo: The essential to-do list manager with the funny name

When it comes to books about time management and staying organized, I've probably read (and even owned) them all.  I certainly got a good idea here or there from each of them, but I kept running into one problem: the concept of the "trusted list".

In other words, the only way to stay on top of everything that you need to do (whether it's at work in the library or at home) is to have a list that has everything on it.  This means that there aren't some things kept on a white board, some things on sticky notes, some things on a lined pad of paper, some things in a computer file, and some things stuck in your faulty memory.  It means that there is only one list, one place, with everything on it.

Yes, I went through the days of having those carry-around personal planners, but the thought of losing one made me nervous.  Even keeping a list on my computer was a bit scary, because a computer crash could leave me wondering what I had committed to do.  And a strictly online list would be ok but too often I would need to be somewhere with no Internet access.

So the ideal solution is an online service that synchronizes with various mobile devices, including smartphones.  I finally found that to-do solution in Toodledo.  First, the online service is at toodledo.com (no surprise there).  Second, there is an official Toodledo app for iOS devices (which obviously syncs with the online service).  Third, Android and Blackberry users can see a mobile version of the website, or use a number of third-party apps that sync with the online service. 

I have a lot more to say about how good this online service/app is, but I'll save those comments for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment