Thursday, September 15, 2011

minutes.io - Meeting Minutes in Minutes

You're sitting in a meeting and, since you have your laptop or tablet, you have been given the always sought after honor of taking notes. Happens to me all the time because I'm compulsive about having my iPad with me and everyone knows that I take notes whether I'm the recorder or not. If I didn't, I'd forget half of what was said to me.

So, you start taking notes. Maybe using Word, Google Docs, Evernote, Penultimate, etc. You record everything, perhaps clean-up/organize the notes later, and at some point mail them off to all the attendees. Well, I have another options for you - minutes.io, a free Web 2.0 tool that really simplifies note-taking.

The great thing about minutes.io is that it provides an easy to use template into which you can enter information about your meeting: attendees, location, description, project, and several different types of note (INFO, TODO, IDEA, and OKAY). You can also assign owners and due date (via a calendar pop-up) to each type of note. Easy as pie! And when you're done, click on the email icon and the minutes go to everyone that you've provided an email address for.



Another bright spot - you don't need an account so there's no time wasted logging in, trying to remember yet another password. Minutes.io stores your information locally. You know what else that means, don't' you? You don't need to be connected to the Internet to take the notes, just to send them. I don't know about your facility, but there are a few places in my building where the wireless is weak or nonexistent, so this is a great feature to me.

The developers are also working on some new functionality that I'm looking forward to, like grouping to do items by person, branding with your logo, and the ability to push to dos and notes to project management software. It just keeps getting better.

If you haven't figured out already, I'm a big fan of minutes.io. Try it out, you may become one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment