Monday, August 29, 2011

Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome - and an introduction to the other co-blogger (Barbara)

My partner expressed the purpose of our blog so well, that I have only one thing to add... and it's purely selfish. In addition to sharing our opinions about the mobile and web tools we use and learning from you via comments, having to write weekly about personal tech for busy librarians will inspire us to keep up-to-date on what's out there. And let's face it, there's no shortage of new technology to discover.

Whether it's communication, reference, travel, storage, or (dare I say it) productivity tools, we use them daily, we're always trying something new, and that's what we'll be talking about here - the good, the bad, and the ugly.

So, a little about me. I'm also an academic librarian at a very large public research university in a major metropolitan area. (If you haven't guessed, Drew and I work together.) My previous incarnations include industrial engineer, programmer, project manager, and business systems analyst at companies like GM, Corning, and Nortel Networks. I got incredibly tired of corporate America and when librarianship sang her siren song to me 8 years ago, I dove right in and never looked back. And that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment